Problems of peer-review in economic journals
On June 30, 2022, the Institute of Economics of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences will host a round table "Problems of peer-review in economic journals" in a hybrid format. The round table is held as part of the X European-Asian Symposium on Economic Theory (http://easet-conf.ru).
The main purpose of the round table is to discuss the current tasks of peer-review and jointly find solutions to the existing problems in interaction "author-reviewer-producing editor-editorial board".
The following topics are planned to be covered:
- The role and values of the editor-in-chief in the peer-review process;
- Types of peer-review: Russian and foreign practice;
- Ethical aspects of peer review;
- Selection tools and schemes for working with peer-reviewers;
- Development of criteria for reviewing the manuscript of a scientific article;
- Mechanisms for reducing the subjectivity of scientific peer-review;
- "White List" of scientific journals and peer review;
- Russian database of peer-reviewers in the field of economics.