The role of the Editor-in-Chief in managing an economic journal
On June 29, 2023, at the Institute of Economics of the Ural Branch of RAS, a round table "The role of the Editor-in-Chief in managing an economic journal" will be held. The round table will be part of the International Regional Economics Conference (https://rec-conf.ru).
Currently, academic journals have to make constant changes in their editorial policy. The main generator and guarantor of the quality of content, as well as compliance with the editorial policy, is the Editor-in-Chief. His role in the editorial and publishing process has changed over time and is still viewed differently in different scientific communities. The round table "The role of the editor-in-chief in managing an economic journal" will become a platform for discussing the activities of the Editor-in-Chief in modern conditions.
Main topics for discussion:
- application of legal documents regulating the activities of the Editor-in-Chief;
- communication between the Editor-in-Chief and the founder in the process of creating content and organizing the work of the editorial office;
- distribution of responsibilities for managing a scientific journal within the editorial team: delegation of authority;
- ethical aspects of the work of the Editor-in-Chief of an academic journal;
- participation of the Editor-in-Chief in the editorial preparation of articles;
- guest Editor-in-Chief: the main tasks in the preparation of the thematic issue;
- cases of economic journals.
The round table will be co-organized by the Association of Science Editors and Publishers (ASEP) and the Russian Academy of National Economy and Public Administration under the President of the Russian Federation (RANEPA).
For more details, see the information letter (in Russ.)